Bennett Engineering Services
Trusted Engineering Advisors
Providing high-quality civil engineering services to cities, counties, special districts, universities, private companies, and other professionals has always been the firm’s focus. Bennett Engineering Services (BEN|EN) takes pride in finding innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to transportation, water, wastewater, drainage, site improvement, and other important infrastructure projects. The firm serves the Sacramento Valley and Northern California region. What sets the firm apart is its ability to partner with clients early in project development and retain that partnership through the life of the project.
DBE and SBE Certified. GSA Schedule.
- Roadway Planning and Design
- Complete Streets and Streetscapes
- Bridge Replacements
- Right-of-Way Engineering
- Grant Funding Application Assistance
- Federal Funding Processing
- Caltrans Coordination
- Caltrans PID, PA&ED, and PS&E Processing
- Caltrans Encroachment Permit Processing
- Utility Relocation Coordination
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Construction Support
- Right-of-Way Relinquishment
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle (NEV)
- Water Master Planning
- Pipelines and Pump Stations
- Storage Reservoirs
- Well Design and Development
- Recycled and Raw Water
- Water System Modeling
- Stormwater Detention and Retention
- Water Treatment Systems Evaluation
- Pressure Reducing/Sustaining Stations
- Hydroelectric Analysis and Design
- Inlet Structures
- Canal Conversions
- PipeOpt Economic Evaluation
- Permit Update and Compliance
- Wastewater Master Planning
- Collection System Analysis and Design
- Inflow and Infiltration (I/I) Studies
- Lift Stations
- Regionalization System Planning
- Treatment System Evaluation
Treatment Plant Decommissioning
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion
- Wastewater Treatment Plant System Design
- Regional Water Quality Control Board Compliance
- Grant and Loan Applications
- Funding Management
- State and Federal Funding
- Transportation, Water, and Wastewater Projects
- Site Planning and Design
- Grading and Drainage Design
- Electric, Gas, Cable, and Other Utility Planning and Design
- Roadway Frontage Improvement Design
- Water System Optimization Modeling
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Qualified SWPPP Developer/Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSD/QSP)
- Stormwater Treatment System Design
- Mutual Water Company Formation
- Engineers offer 15 to 28 Years of Experience Listening to and Meeting Municipality and District Needs
- Represent the Organization Professionally
- Respond to the Public’s Needs Safely, Efficiently, and with a Friendly Approach
- Backed by a Competent and Creative Engineering Team
They’re the best firm I’ve ever worked with. They’re so easy to work with. I never get pushback anytime I want to make changes. They have such a good attitude about it. I never feel like I’m putting them out, or hear “This is going to cost more money”, and I appreciate that. I would recommend them to any jurisdiction.
BEN|EN’s responsiveness as well as their ability to think outside the box is what I like best about working with them. Leo was able to expedite the processes especially working with Caltrans on a federal project. He was able to call specific people and navigate those waters. That was worth its weight in gold!”
Bennett Engineering Services worked on the design-build team for the Upper Banner project for the Nevada Irrigation District. The design-build team really listened to our concerns and was very responsive. Using the design-build delivery process functioned exceptionally well—the project has been on time and on budget.
The process was streamlined and the communication, responsiveness, and quality were excellent. I was very pleased with the level of service. I never had to wait for a response. When the project engineer was going to be unavailable, he provided information ahead of time and had another engineer ready to respond if he couldn’t.
“A lot of firms will do plans the way they are used to, but Bennett Engineering said, “Tell us how you want the plans to look and we’ll make them the way you want them.” No one has ever asked us that! So the end product was something we were very familiar with. It looked like we did it in-house and our workers will not have any problem deciphering what the drawings mean or finding information in the future.”
The work Leo Rubio did for us with the Caltrans Relinquishment project was stellar. He really did one-of-a-kind work. We were able to build Streetscape Phase 1 because he got it moved right through the Commission. The whole thing was done in 18 months. It was amazing.
My favorite thing about working with Bennett Engineering is the level of commitment to their work product. They take pride in their work and want to see a successful project, which is very apparent from working with them on the Del Paso Boulevard project. Leo Rubio will bend over backwards to find solutions for us and think outside the box.”
We have a great team working on this that is technically excellent and easy to work with and that gets results!
Leo and his team are very responsive to us. Leo’s knowledge of the Caltrans process has been a huge asset for our project team because he’s been able to push some things through that would often take longer. For me, that’s a very important aspect to this project – getting through the Caltrans process – as well as his knowledge of the people up there. It’s helped move things along.”
As the project manager of the Highland Reserve North Pump Station project, I appreciated BEN|EN’s pursuit of new and innovative solutions to hydraulic problems while staying within a limited project budget.
Bennett Engineering was the unanimous selection due largely to their breadth of municipal experience service, very positive record, and strong track record of success obtaining funding from various State and Federal agencies. Bennett Engineering provides engineering services to several agencies in Butte County, including the City of Biggs. Bennett is highly regarded by area cities and the Butte County Association of Governments and by local Caltrans staff.
The APWA Project of the Year Award is a significant win for us because it really is a recognition of both our work as the owner and for Gateway Pacific, our contractor, and Bennett Engineering Services, our consulting engineer. It shows how private and public can work together and come up with a really successful project for the public.
Bennet Engineering Services maintains a staff of highly-qualified professionals in our growing firm. If you are client-service oriented and entrepreneurial, a position with Bennet Engineering Services may be a perfect match for you. We are looking for individuals who solve problems, respond enthusiastically to challenges, and want to contribute to the team’s success. For more information, visit our Careers page.